Meet the Team
Dr. David J. Cauthon and the team at Medical Center Podiatry confidently deliver the expert foot & ankle services each of our patients require. We have the training and experience to efficiently and effectively treat many different foot & ankle conditions. At Medical Center Podiatry, we are eager to assist you with all your foot and ankle needs.
Meet the Podiatrist
David J. Cauthon, DPM
Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Dr. David J. Cauthon received his undergraduate degree from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy, followed by his doctor of podiatric medicine from Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona. He completed his residency training in podiatric medicine and surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. While there, Dr. Cauthon served as chief administrative resident and received advanced training in reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery.
Dr. Cauthon continues to keep abreast of the latest advances in the field of podiatry. He has spent extended time engaged in research and has published and presented on vast subject areas such as diabetic foot infections and drug treatments for Charcot neuroarthropathy. Dr. Cauthon is a highly accomplished and well-respected physician who has achieved many honors, awards, and other recognitions. He is an active member of important professional organizations in his field.
When he’s not working, Dr. Cauthon enjoys running and is a member of the San Antonio Road Runners.
- Running injuries
- Sports medicine
- Diabetic limb salvage and wound care
- BS: Pharmaceutical sciences, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy, St. Louis, MO (2001)
- DPM: Midwestern University’s Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine, Glendale, AZ (2012)
- Residency: Podiatric medicine and surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX (2015)
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Medicine (2022)
- Certified Wound Specialist Physician - American Board of Wound Management (2023)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support by American Heart Association, 2009 - 2011 and 2013 – present
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Ken Suarez, PhD. Award for Research Excellence, Arizona School of Podiatric Medicine
- APMSA CAB Research Grant
- Robert G. Wolfangel Outstanding Achievement Award
Meet the Rest of the Team
To meet our specialist at Medical Center Podiatry in San Antonio, Texas, call us at (210) 561-7080 to schedule your visit. You can also request an appointment with our new interactive form. We hope to see you soon!